Credit Counseling Service
What is CCS?
Credit Counseling Service of North Central Indiana is a not-for-profit community service, and a program of Family Service Association of Howard County. CCS helps clients from all walks of life gain or maintain control of their finances.
Are There Fees?
CCS does not charge a fee for counseling. Some programs may require payment of a small fee.
How Do I Get An Appointment?
Call us at (765) 454-7290 or (800) 832-3595. Our hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Friday. Evening appointments are available.
Am I in a credit crisis?
- Do you know how much you owe?
- Are you only able to make minimum monthly payments?
- Are you using credit cards for daily expenses or bills?
- Are you saving money?
- Are you receiving collection letters or calls from creditors?
- Are your monthly payments late?
- Is there more month left at the end of your paycheck?
What Programs Does CCS Offer?
Education: CCS will provide a variety of education programs concerning credit, finances, and budgeting. Please call the office to discuss your needs and to arrange a presentation.
Budget Counseling: CCS will work with you to develop a household budget. Call the office to set up a free counseling session.
What CCS expects of a client
- Clients must be committed to solving their financial problems.
- Both husband and wife (where appropriate) should be present during the interview.
- A written application for Credit Counseling must be submitted, with all requested information provided.
- The client must at all times be open and forthright with their counselor.
- All supporting information (bills, payment books, etc.) must be brought to the interview.
- The client must make every effort to keep the scheduled appointment, or if problems arise, to notify CCS ahead of time in order to make alternate arrangements.
- Credit accounts will be closed and only those major purchases approved by the counselor will be made.
- Family Service Association does not discriminate in employment or service delivery regardless of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry or handicap. Please call for special needs accommodations.
As a client of CCS you have the right to:
- Receive our help preparing a household budget
- Refuse any and all services
- Expect us to look into complaints
- Know the cost of services and how much you must pay
- Consult with your attorney or personal financial planner
- Suggest changes in our services
- All civil rights guaranteed by state and federal law and regulation
As a client we expect you to:
- Be on time for your appointments, and call if you are unable to keep an appointment
- Provide accurate and timely information concerning your finances to your counselor
- If you elect to participate in a Debt Management Program, additional responsibilities will be listed in your Client Handbook
- Be considerate of the rights of other clients and staff
All services provided by CCS are strictly confidential.
If you would like more information or would like to set up an appointment, contact Linda Saltsman at 765.454.7290.