Credit Counseling Service
Changes with CCS
Credit Counseling Service of North Central Indiana is a no longer taking new clients for our Debt Management Program. We are now working with the Indiana Foreclosure Prevention Network (IFPN) to help individuals from Howard, Miami, Cass and Tipton Counties avoid foreclosure.
You may be eligible if:
- You are struggling to make your mortgage payments.
- You are delinquent or in danger of falling behind on your mortgage.
- You owe up to $729,750 on your primary residence or single unit rental property.
- You obtained your mortgage on or before January 1, 2009.
- Your property has not been condemned.
- You have not been convicted within the last 10 years of crime in connection with a mortgage or real estate transaction.
Are There Fees?
Foreclosure prevention services are provided at no cost to the homeowner.
How Do I Get An Appointment?
Call us at (765) 454-7290 or (800) 832-3595.
Our hours are 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Thursday and 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Friday.
Evening appointments are available by request.
How foreclosure prevention services work
- You can begin clicking here and filling out an application or calling us at (765) 454-7290.
- Once an application has been completed you will need to gather supporting documentation such as:
- Most recent 30 days pay stubs or most recent profit and loss statement if self employed.
Last two months bank statements from all accounts.
Copy of most recent mortgage statement.
Last years signed federal tax papers with all forms and W-2's.
Verification of any other types of income, including Social Security income, pensions, and government assistance.
- Once you have everything you will meet with a counselor and a package will be submitted to your lender.
- Your mortgage company reviews your request for mortgage assistance to determine if you qualify.
- If you qualify, you may start with a three-to-four-month trial period. Be sure to make your payments on time, and continue to pay, even if the trial extends beyond the expected length of time.
- For those wishing to leave their home there are programs to help with the process of leaving the home without going into foreclosure.
What CCS expects of a client
- Clients must be committed to solving their financial problems.
- Both husband and wife (where appropriate) should be present during the interview.
- The client must at all times be open and forthright with their counselor.
- All supporting information (bills, pay stubs, bank statements, etc.) must be brought to the interview.
- The client must make every effort to keep the scheduled appointment, or if problems arise, to notify CCS ahead of time in order to make alternate arrangements.
- Client must be diligent in providing any additional documentation requested by their mortgage company.
- Family Service Association does not discriminate in employment or service delivery regardless of sex, race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry or handicap. Please call for special needs accommodations.
Client RightsAs a client of CCS you have the right to:
Client ResponsibilitiesAs a client we expect you to:
All services provided by CCS are strictly confidential.
If you would like more information or would like to set up an appointment, contact Linda at (765) 454-7290.